May 14, 2011

Fettucine with Sausage & Spinach Cream Sauce

I frequently crave creamy pasta dishes and my usual go-to is Carbonara. This time, however, I wanted to add meat (not just bacon), and had a pack of Hot Italian Sausage in the fridge that needed to be used.
I checked what other ingredients I had on hand, and after a quick google check to confirm that my recipe idea wasn't completely weird, I found what I wanted to cook.


Fettucine with Sausage & Spinach Cream Sauce
Ingredients
1 box of fettucine (or whatever pasta you have in your pantry)
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
1/2 onion, finely minced
1 pack of Italian Sausage (Hot or Mild)
1/2 cup of heavy cream
2 handfuls of fresh spinach
Salt/Pepper to taste

Steps
1. Get the fettucine cooking in salty, boiling water
2. Heat the oil in a pan and add the onions; saute until softened and browned
3. Add the sausage to the pan and cook through
4. Add the cream and spinach and allow to combine
5. Season the sauce with salt/pepper
6. Once the fettucine is al dente, add it straight into the pan with the sauce, along with about 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water, and toss to coat the pasta with sauce

That's it! This recipe is so easy and the result looks, tastes and feels quite gourmet.

cPe 2011

1 comments:

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

Ooo this looks fantastic and I love your recipe! I will definitely be trying this myself :) Loving your blog and so glad to be your newest follower!