Sometimes our bodies crave comfort foods, and this Tomato Bisque is certainly one that my body craves. Not only is it one of the easiest recipes I've ever tried, but even paired with a delicious bacon/cheese panini, the bisque tastes so luxurious that it becomes the main star of the meal.
1/2 sweet onion, minced
1 large can of peeled, tomato (halves, whole, doesn't matter)
1 cup of veg broth
1/2 cup of cream
1/2 ts nutmet
salt/pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter in a pot and saute the onions until translucent
2. Add in the can of tomatos and let it boil for a half a minute or so
3. Add the cup (or more) of veg broth and turn the heat down to medium
4. Let this simmer, while breaking up the tomatoes*
5. Using a handheld blender, blend this mixture until smooth
6. Turn it down to low heat and slowly add the cream and nutmeg
7. Taste and season with salt/pepper
*if you want it SUPER easy/fast, use marinara sauce or tomato soup itself
That's it! This made about 4-6 small soup bowl servings, which is a great way to prepare lunch for the work week or to entertain a dinner party!